Ibstock Brick has received 23 nominations for this year’s Brick Awards
One of the projects of note is University Arms Hotel which has been shortlisted for three categories; Commercial, Refurbishment and Craftmanship. Three other projects have received two nominations apiece; 40 Beak Street (Commercial and Craftmanship), Royal Albert Wharf (Large Housing Development and Urban Regeneration) and the George Davies Centre (Education and Innovation).
Tony France, Sales Director at Ibstock Brick, commented: “We are delighted to be shortlisted in so many of the Brick Awards categories. The nominations cover a wide variety of projects which showcase how the intelligent use of brick can create unforgettable buildings. Bricks are made from a natural material and offer every choice of colours, textures and sizes to allow architects to be creative in their designs. Our products have been used in buildings shortlisted in almost all categories demonstrating the breadth and variety available within the Ibstock range”.
A full list of Ibstock Brick nominations for the Brick Awards 2018 is as follows:
- Individual Housing Development (Sponsored by Ibstock Brick): Abbey Orchard House (Architect: Gale-Brown Associates), Willowbrook (Architect: Paul Archer Design)
- Small Housing Development: Scala Yard (Architect: DLA Design Group)
- Large Housing Development: Royal Albert Wharf (Architect: Maccreanor Lavington), Blackfriars Circus (Architect: Maccreanor Lavington), Chapter House (Architect: Proctor and Matthews Architects), Creek Road (Architect: BPTW Architects)
- Urban Regeneration: New Mildway (Architect: Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios), Leith Fort Collective Architecture Ltd), Royal Albert Wharf (Architect: Maccreanor Lavington)
- Commercial: Hammersley House (Squire & Partners), University Arms Hotel (Architect: John Simpson Architect), 40 Beak Street, Soho (Architect: Veratec)
- Public: Firhill Partnership (Architect: Hoskins Architects), The Croydon Mosque, New Women’s and Children’s Wing (Architect: Benedict O’Looney Architects)
- Education: Marlborough Primary School (Architect: Dixon Jones), Grange Primary School (Architect: Maccreanor Lavington), Cambridge Assessment (Architect: Eric Parry Architects), George Davies Centre (Architect: Associated Architects)
- Refurbishment: University Arms Hotel (Architect: John Simpson Architect)
- Innovation: George Davies Centre (Architect: Associated Architects)
- Outdoor: Lincoln Transport Hub (Architect: John Roberts Architects Ltd)
- Craftmanship: 40 Beak Street, Soho (Architect: Veratec), University Arms Hotel (Architect: John Simpson Architect).
- Worldwide: Kings Crescent Estate (Architect: Carson Architects).
In addition, three companies have been shortlisted for the Specialist Brickwork Contractor category with projects which use Ibstock Brick: Anglian Brickwork Ltd (The David Attenborough Building, Architect: Nicholas Hare); Phoenix Brickwork Ltd (Lincoln Bus Station, Architect: JR Architects); Swift Brickwork Contractors (148 Old Street, Architect: ORMS).
Ibstock Brick is also sponsoring the Architects’ Choice award, with the winner voted for from a selection of shortlisted projects in other categories, and the Supreme Winner which is selected from all award-winning projects.
The Brick Awards ceremony will take place on Thursday 8th November 2018 at the Hilton Park Lane, London.